Monday, April 28, 2008

My Birthday in Mexico

Thank you to everyone who wished me a Happy Birthday! I would have to say this one was far better than the last couple of birthdays. Two years ago, I was prego, and last year, I thought it wouldn't be much fun to go to a birthday party where the birthday girl cries the entire time...I was having a severe case of the baby blues. Thanks to my amazing husband, I got to celebrate this year with three Mexican waiters from the hotel who sang at the end of the birthday song, "Hoochy, coochy tonight." - very memorable, by the way!

We stayed at the Excellence Resort in Puerto Moreles, Mexico which was wonderful. We would highly recommend it. On the third day, we went to see Chichen Itza...the eighth wonder of the world. It was really interesting and HOT! It definitely satisfied the side of us that likes to enjoy culture and adventure that you can't get at and all-inclusive resort.

Luke stayed in San Marcos with both sets of grandparents. He got nice and spoiled while we were gone, so it has been really fun so far this week getting back to normal (yeah right!). For some reason, he likes to be held A LOT now and doesn't want anyone to leave the room. He also learned this really funny face. We call it "stinky face" or "the bubba." Check it out...

I would like to publically thank my sweet husband for such an enjoyable and relaxing vacation. Thank you for all your planning and thoughtfulness. I couldn't imagine my life with out you. You are a joy! I love you, and I have to say that you look damn good in that $5 hat!



































1 comment:

The White Family said...

It looks you had a great time, Danny and I need a vacation! HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!

Jessica