Thursday, August 14, 2008

Almost 17 months and a Wed. afternoon

Yesterday afternoon I was trying to decide what to do for our dear friend Brandy who has watched Luke every Tues. and Thurs. for the past eight months while I devote some time to this whole photography endeavour. Starting next week, Luke will be going to a Mother's Day Out program that is literally next door to Chad's office at Bethesda Community Church, so this is Luke's last day with Brandy. This was a really hard decision for Chad and I to make because Luke loves Brandy, and we know how much Brandy loves Luke. Never-the-less, certain factors led us to a place where the decision had to be made. I really wanted to do something special for Brandy to convey how much we appreciate her and all she has done for our family. It was a no-brainer...I would give Brandy a picture album with a few photos of Luke from the time she started watching him (9 months) to now (17 months), and leave most of the album empty for her to collect little memories of the other children that she cares for. Well, I didn't have any current pictures of Luke (since most of the pictures I have taken lately have been of other children), so we had a fun afternoon in the front yard, and he was a wonderful subject! Brandy, if you read this, I hope you enjoy your little gift, and thank you for inspiring me to take some pictures of Luke yesterday afternoon. We had a blast!










1 comment:

Dawn Jenkins said...

I LOVE the first picture....how handsome is your little guy! The pics are great!