Thursday, April 23, 2009

A New Start

Well, it has been FOREVER since I have made a blog entry. Most of you know how crazy our lives have been the past few months. We said a sad "goodbye" to Fort Worth and "hello" to the Texas Hill Country, Wimberley to be exact. Our lives have changed dramatically. We want to thank everyone who has been praying for us. We definitely have needed you prayers. We have good days where we can see God refining us, sustaining us and starting something new in our lives, but then we have bad days when we can't understand why so much has been taken away, or why Chad's business is still a mess, or why we can't move on with our lives until EMG is straightened out in whatever way.

There is no way around it, we are going through a trial. We've been frusterated with God at times. We've heard it said that He is big enough to handle however we feel. God knows us better than we know ourselves, so we figure we can't fool him with a contrived facade of how we think he wants us to feel. In all honesty our hope has been bruised, and it hurts to hope sometimes. As I was driving home from helping my Dad at the restaurant last week, I expressed to God that my soul is just groaning and aching for for Him to redeem and restore...not just what is going on in our lives, but for others we care greatly for as well. We know that is what God is in the business of doing...redeeming and restoring, and we are beyond ready to see that happen. A lot of the Christian cliche's have been hard to stomach, but God's Word has been faithful to encourage and support us through this difficult time. Here are some promises we are clinging to right now.

Psalm 9:10
"Those who know your name will trust in you; for you, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you."

Isaiah 41: 9-10
"You whom I took from the ends of the earth and called you from its farthest corners, saying to you, 'You are my servant, I have chosen you and not cast you off.' Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

Isaiah43: 18-19
"Forget the former things. Do not dwell in the past. See, I am doing a new thing!...I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland."

And good ol' Jeremiah 29:11
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for wholeness not for evil, to give you a future and and a hope."

Although we desperately miss all we left behind, we are forging ahead with our lives here. We are really enjoying our families. Over the past few months, we have gotten to celebrate birthdays and holidays that we haven't gotten to celebrate together in years. We are really enjoying the outdoors. The pics below are of an afternoon visit to Perdenales Falls State Park (only 30 minutes away). We are really enjoying our friends who have come to visit us from Fort Worth. We are glad to be the Hill Country connection for everyone!!! We are really enjoying the church we've been attending...Austin Stone Community Church in Austin. Jesus is moving in powerful ways at this church! If anyone wants to go with us, there is always an open invitation. There is an awesome energy there, a young crowd, alternative/rock music and a message that will surely penetrate your soul.



It is my hope to be better about keeping up with this blog and share our lives (the good, bad and ugly) more consistently. I keep up with a few blogs where people are open and vulnerable enough to share their struggles, and it really is inspirational to read how God is working in their lives and circumstances. We do live in a fallen world where people suffer and go through painful experiences. I do believe that God uses struggle and pain to make us more compassionate and loving people, and also to reveal his power in our lives. I hope this blog finds you all doing well.

Love,
Darsey

3 comments:

Heather said...

love you guys! praying you find peace and comfort through this time of uncertainty.

Dawn Jenkins said...

I am putting you on my prayer list right now. I am so sorry! God is faithful...John 5:17 has really helped me lately b/c I sometimes have the same frustration...But God reminded me He is always at work even if I don't see Him. Praying you are filled with joy in His presence today!

The Deckard's said...

I love and appreciate your honesty. Your outlook is truly inspiring! I have been checking your blog regularly, so I was so happy to read a new entry. We are wishing you all the best, and we want to explore Perdanales park with you next time we visit SM! Definitely a place touched by God.